Having a strong immune system is more crucial during the Covid-19 pandemic we are in than ever before. Are you confused by all the information out there? Let me break it down into three easy steps on how to boost your immune system. You may choose to incorporate the options below all at once, or one at a time to the best of your ability.
You already know exercise is important, but let me remind you why. Get moving if you like to;
- Function better
- Reduce stress
- Elevate your mood
- Eliminate toxins
- Sleep better, or sleep at all
- Kill pathogens, so your body can be stronger to fight bacterial infections
Get up and exercise for at least 10 minutes a day, preferably 30 minutes especially in the outdoors. If you need help on how to exercise for your age, or condition, contact an expert.
I know it is hard to sleep when there is so much on your mind. Especially with the uncertainty of the Covid-19. Things are different and we try to adapt. Your immune system gets a boost when you get at least 7 hours of sleep each night, which can be easier said than done.
Sleep offers the body a recharge, it helps to improve our body’s ability to function at its best and that increases our immune system. Sleep also reduces the body’s stress hormones, these stress hormones can wreak havoc on our immune system, and they are designed to get us through brief times of chaos not prolonged times throughout everyday life.
In addition, when you incorporate regular exercise, it improves our ability to fall asleep.
Having a healthy diet full or fresh vegetables, legumes, and omegas helps to boost your immune system. Couple of my favorite foods are;
- Peppers and citrus, because they are rich in Vitamin C. Which helps form and repair red blood cells, bones, tissues and immune system.
- Spanic, kale, other greens, because they are good sources of Vitamin A, D, E and K. Helps your autoimmune system.
- Garlic, my absolute favorite. I eat it raw with my meals. Garlic is antibacterial, which fights infection by clearing away toxins and germs. In addition, garlic consumption seems to enhance the activity of white blood cells and T-helper cells, which are integral to a robust immune response.
- Olive oil, because it helps support your immune system. Olive oil also is a natural treatment for autoimmune diseases.
- Water, because water will help your blood carry plenty of oxygen to all the cells of your body.
Your life is worth adopting these tips. I suggest, you start small and do as much as you can. All three steps go hand and hand, in short, exercise regularly, get outside, eat a healthy diet with all the colors of produce, and make sure to prioritize sleep. If you need help, feel free to reach out to us at Wallace Fitness.
Always consult your doctor before implementing a new diet and workout routine. With that said it is important to note that the information listed here will not prevent COVID-19 and you still need to follow the recommended social distancing and personal hygiene practices.
Share this on Social Media!