by Sine Wallace, Certified Weight Management Specialist, Certified Health Coach, and Certified Personal Trainer.
No need to panic! I got you covered for the upcoming Thanksgiving day. Let me just get to the point. Below are my top 5 Thanksgiving tips:
- Be grateful for whatever you have! Family, friends or pets. This is a time to be thankful. I am thankful that I have you to read this. 🙂
- Eat slowly. Your brain takes around 20 minutes to register that it is full. Remember, you can always save it for leftovers.
- Drink a large glass of water before you eat. Water will make you feel full therefore; you are likely to eat less.
- Make sure you do NOT skip a meal prior to your thanksgiving meal. In this way you keep your blood sugar leveled and prevent over eating.
- Substitute unhealthy food with healthy food whenever possible. For example substitute:
• Sour cream with fat free plain yogurt
• Fried onions with protein rich slivered almonds
• Soda with water
• Fried or greasy vegetables with raw or grilled vegetables
• Desert with fresh fruits
• Eat white meat instead of dark meat of the Turkey