No need to panic! I got you covered for the upcoming Thanksgiving day. Let me just get to the point. Below are my top 5 Thanksgiving tips:
1. Be grateful for whatever you have! Family, friends or pets. This is a time to be thankful. I am thankful that I have you to read this.
2. Eat slowly. Your brain takes around 20 minutes to register that it is full. Remember, you can always save it for leftovers.
3. Drink a large glass of water before you eat. Water will make you feel full therefore; you are likely to eat less.
4. Make sure you do NOT skip a meal prior to your thanksgiving meal. In this way you keep your blood sugar leveled and prevent over eating.
5. Substitute unhealthy food with healthy food whenever possible. For example substitute:
- Sour cream with fat free plain yogurtSour cream with fat free plain yogurt
- Fried onions with protein rich slivered almonds
- Soda with water
- Fried or greasy vegetables with raw or grilled vegetables
- Desert with fresh fruits
- Eat white meat instead of dark meat of the Turkey