By Sine Wallace, Certified Health Coach
We all snack multiple times a day, well we certainly hope that you do…the question is are you eating the right kind of snacks? It’s critical that you have healthy snacks throughout your day.
The best way to prepare is to plan out your snacks for the whole day. Package them in zip-lock or small containers that you can take on the go it makes snacking simple and easy. Ideally to reach the maximum fat-burning state you want to have a snack between each meal and before bed, you will be consuming something about every 3 hours that you are awake. You want each snack to be around 100 calories with at least 10gr of protein also low in fat.
If you need on the go healthy snacks contact us (www.WallaceFitness.com), we may be able to provide you with some cost effective ready to go nutritionally balanced snacks delivered where ever you live.
These are 10 healthy snacks around 100 calories, low-glycemic and nutrient rich to help you burn fat:
- 1 medium apple or 1/2 an apple with 2tsp all natural peanut butter
- 25 baby carrots
- Yoplait light yogurt with 1/4 cup of berries
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries with 2tsp light whipped topping
- 1 square of 70% or higher dark chocolate with 5 almonds
- 3oz frozen non fat yogurt with 28 grapes
- 1 slice whole grain bread with 2oz fat free turkey breast
- 1 medium banana and 10 almonds
- 1/2 red bell pepper and 3tsp of hummus
- 1/4 cup egg salad with lettuce